Friday, June 12, 2009

Song #4 - Get Out of My Head - and other musings

I have been a bit out of it lately. Last week I had to go home to Michigan for the double whammy of High School reunion and my cousin's wedding. It was fun but exhausting because it meant seeing people I had not seen in a long time and also introducing my boyfriend Chris to some of my extended family for the first time.


Next week I am leaving for a month long trip to Italy to see the town where Chris' family is from originally. It is a very remote town in the northern Italian mountains (more Sound of Music than Roman Holiday, I'm told.) It will be exciting but isolated so we may not have any connection to the internet. I have decided to consider it a social networking detox. Don't worry, "I'll be back." ;)


Today I am posting the song "Get Out of My Head." I wrote most of the lyrics after I came home from a night drinking and Chris was on business trip, so take it how you will, haha. The tempo is 180 beats per minute.


Here are a couple pics I snapped when I was at home. One is of my parents dog, Leo (he's a labrador retriever.) I LOVE this dog. We really bonded after I graduated from and was home for the summer. I was so burned out and totally clueless about what direction to go with my life. He was barely full grown and the first time we went for a walk he drew my blood because he pulled so hard on the leash going after another dog. I made it my mission to whip him into shape. The long walks became a very meditative process for me as I mentally sorted things out. It was so hard for me to leave him when I moved to New York. I took him for walks this last week like I do every time I visit and we fell into all of our old patterns as if no time had passed. It really made me look forward to a living situation where I can get a dog.



To leave you with "a moment of zen," here is a random shot I took right after some rainfall. I thought the robin on the branch was appropriate because it is Michigan's state bird.



2 comments:

PunkRockRunner said...

Enjoy the trip! Sounds like an amazing place to visit.

Lady Southpaw said...

Thanks man! I hope I can pick up my momentum when I get back ;)